The Aprilia RS50 is a GP derived replica sport production motorcycle made by Aprilia. It is powered by a single cylinder 2-stroke aluminium cylinder block, liquid cooled 50cc AM6 engine. The bike is popular in countries that have restrictions on motorcycle engine size. The bike is 7/8ths the size of the average bike and is perfect for smaller or shorter riders. At 175lbs. dry weight, it is easy to maneuver and support while stopped, making it popular among beginners and smaller-sized riders. This and other similar machines such as the Derbi GPR50 and Yamaha TZR50 have also been popular choices as a more adult-sized option for MiniGP racing, which is otherwise more commonly participated in by riders of smaller bikes such as the Honda NSR50.
Single cylinder two-stroke, liquid cooled. Light alloy cylinder with Gilnisil coating. Reed intake in crankcase. Balancing countershaft.
- Bore By Stroke: 40.3 x 39 mm.
- Displacement: 50cc
- Compression Ratio: 12 ± 0.5:1
- Carburettor: Dell’Orto PHBN 12 - HS.
- Ignition: Electronic, capacitor discharge
- Starting Method: Electric
- Alternator: 12V – 105W
- Lubrication: Separate mixing with variable displacement, volumetric pump.
- Power: 6HP
- Top Speed: (derestricted)50-70mph depending on rider and year of bike's manufacture.
- Six speed Primary drive Gear Final drive Chain
- Chain: 12/47 (2.55)
Multi-disc in oil bath.
- Cast aluminium, reinforced box section, sloping twin-spar frame.
- Front suspension: ø 35 mm central pin hydraulic telescopic fork, wheel travel 110 mm
- Rear suspension: Double member swing-arm in high strength steel with hydraulic monoshock, wheel travel 120 mm
- Front: stainless steel disk, Ø 280 mm, double piston calliper, Ø 25 mm pistons
- Rear: stainless steel disk, Ø 220 mm, single piston calliper, Ø 28 mm piston
- Five spoke aluminium alloy with profile for tubeless tyres; front: 2.50 x 17"; rear: 3.00 x 17"
- Tubeless radial. Front 90/80 17”; rear 110/80 17”.
- 13 litres (2.60 litre reserve)